Friday, April 27, 2007

Picture Problems

OK, the last two times I have tried to upload pictures to my blog it hasn't worked. So I will just entertain you with the inner workings of my mind.
I have been meaning to walk around and take pictures of some of the interesting and different things here in Turkey but the Turkish military is VERY sensitive about what can be photographed so I will attempt to describe some of these things. I think my sister Dianne will especially enjoy this.
Instead of "children at play" signs, they have signs with pictures. The one coming in to my neighborhood is of two kids on a teeter-totter. Which makes me think in America it would say, "Caution, children teetering."
Also around any construction sites you can see a variety of signs my two favorites are: CAUTION: MAN WORKING and FIRST SAFETY. The crosswalk sign is a silhouette of a man who appears to be wearing a suit complete with a fedora.
In other news- spring is here- the flowers in my yard are amazing. Sydney is turning 12 tomorrow and I can't believe it. Last week at Spring Fling she won us a free night at a hotel on the Med. Finally, she's earning her keep!
Doug is being promoted on Monday to Lt. Colonel- yeah!! That was always the goal and he has worked his buttocks off to reach it, I am very proud of him. Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the ceremony.
Meghann, the cats and myself are all doing fine, hope you are too!

No comments: