Sunday, August 5, 2007

Still Here

It's been more than a month since I last blogged. Whoops. We are still here and still alive. Summer is in full swing and that means it is hot, so hot that I have coined a new term for heat such as this : violently hot. I am SO thankful for air conditioning. I would be dead otherwise. It never gets below 80, even at night. It was 90 at 9 am the other day. I have seen the thermometer in our van read 1o8. I don't have a lot of time to download pics right now so I will just leave you with a few bullets of info on our fam and life in Incirlik.
* We have a fig tree loaded with figs in our backyard and you don't, so there
* Meghann and Sydney spent a week in Italy the last week of June and had a great time (I will post pics of their trip soon, I promise.)
* Our van has over 131,000 miles on it and is starting to fall apart. The brakes are shot and the driver's side window can't be opened, we are waiting for parts from the states.
* We have a new base wing commander who actually goes home around 6pm and on the weekends, it's like a party.
* Doug will amaze and stun us all by actually taking a week of leave during the month of August
* Our Internet service has been crappy lately and we all want to die if we can't get online
* We live in Turkey, you guys, and we are getting homesick so feel free to drop us a line and let us know you know we are here, still. Still here. In Turkey.

3 comments:

Clinton said...

It's 100 in North Carolina today, too. Yesterday the air was so thick with, something, that it looked like pea soup. I hate pea soup. It's peas, in soup form. Imagine breathing souped peas.
You're right, we have no fig tree :(
I can't even buy Turkish figs at the grocery in Pittsboro. You are SO lucky.

Psyche said...

So it's hot in Turkey, too, eh? It couldn't get any hot and muggier than it is here, in good ol' St. Louis. Deathly heat that is so hot. I can't even sleep on account of how hot it is. I found out that my manager at work used to be air force and lived in Turkey. Oddly, he's RLDS (inactive, anyway). Now he manages a Big Lots. Hmm...isn't life strange.

Rochelle Oleson said...

Hey it gets that hot here in AZ and some months it gets even hotter. I've went to bed and it was 90 degrees. Yeah no need for sheets here. Hey I could use a fig tree. How fun!