Thursday, March 22, 2007

So This Is What They Mean By The Rainy Season

On Monday, March 19, we had a bit of a rain.
I had been out driving Doug back from lunch when the van died. We pulled over in the pouring rain and Doug discovered that a belt had fallen off. So we pulled into a parking lot and Doug ran back to his office. I called a taxi. I arrived home to find that the cab couldn't even make it down our street.
I got home just as the kids were getting off the bus. We all ran inside and found out we had no electricity.
It eventually stopped raining and all the kids in the neighborhood began building boats. Amazingly, all this water was all gone within an hour of the storm ending.
PS. Doug tried for two hours later that night to get the belt back on, but we left the van book in storage. But thanks to the nice men at the Auto Hobby Shop, the van is now running fine.

1 comment:

Natalie C. said...

Oh my gosh! That is crazy! I hope none of it leaks into your house!