Wednesday, March 19, 2008



We had another Branch Conference this month and I thought I would post a picture of most of the members of our branch. What a good-looking group of people. The conference was held at the Adana Hilton. I played the keyboard for all 3 sessions I am sorry to say. I really need to practice more often. I am actually playing in Sacrament Meeting every Sunday now since the other pianist was released. It is always amusing slash mortifying to me to see how badly I can screw up each week. No matter how much I practice. This past week, for example, I picked a song I was not 100% familiar with but it went along with the theme. So all Sunday morning I listened to it on LDS.org so I could get it in my head. I am not so good with counting, it should be noted. Anyway, it was the opening song and I messed it up timing wise for the first three verses. I am sure the guy leading the music was cursing me under his breath. What a mess!
The third photo is one Sydney took in the car of the entrance to our little home away from home. The area just outside the base is called the "Alley" or "Incirlik Village." Don't you wish you were here?

No comments: