Wednesday, March 19, 2008

San Antonio Here We Come!!

So it's sort of official, we are headed to San Antonio, Texas this summer. We don't have orders yet so nothing is set in stone, but Doug's new boss in Texas called last week and it looks like we are headed back to Texas. The kids were not too happy at first but it's growing on them. We were stationed in Del Rio, Texas from 1995 to 1998. It is about 3 hours west of San Antonio. We escaped to S. A. on a regular basis so we know what a cool city it is.
The bad things about going back to Texas, in my opinion, are the heat, my gosh, the heat! And the fact that this is probably our last assignment and it would have been nice to go somewhere we have never been. But compared to Turkey, S. A. will be like a slice o' heaven. The restaurants alone will do wonders for us after two years of nothing but Taco Bell, Burger King and Turkish food.
Also, there is a temple there now which was not there 10 years ago. I have really missed going to the temple. I would say it will be nice to be in an English-speaking country again, but come on, it's Texas. Where yeeha meets ole! I'm not sure Meghann's two years of Turkish will come in all that handy. But, heck, I learned all the Spanish I need to get by from watching Sesame Street.
So we will see you all back in the States in August!!

3 comments:

Natalie C. said...

Wow- my goodness! That's gone by quickly. I think that was always exciting to find out where we were going next when my dad was in the military. I still itch to move every 3-4 years. Nothing like a clean slate.

The Monkeys said...

nice, moving to Texas in August. How sweet is that- or should I say, Hot! San Antonio is a nice spot, though!

Hildie said...

I'm a new reader of yours (plus we have similar names, it seems) and I live in Austin, which is 90 minutes from San Antonio. I love it in central Texas. The SA temple is little but really lovely.
Start practicing saying "y'all" and "fixing to"!