Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Who Needs Household Goods Anyway?



When we packed out of Virginia we had 4 categories of stuff: longterm storage(stuff that would stay in the States), unaccompanied baggage(stuff that would go by airplane but limited by weight-computer, bikes, clothes), our luggage that we take on the plane with us and household goods(everything else.) The stuff that went by plane was supposed to take about a month to arrive. The rest, a month and a half at most. As I write this we are still waiting for our stuff. We got a partial shipment of our household goods on October 1st. It consisted of a couch with no cushions, a recliner with no back (see photo with our friend Kerst), also table legs with no top, books with no shelves, bed rails, no beds, etc.
The next week we finally got our unaccompanied baggage but with a twist. They had packed the boxes into the crates so tightly that the movers couldn't get them out. They solved this unfortunate dilemma by unpacking my stuff out in the front yard. They tossed the stuff into big pieces of paper and then carried it in. Please see the picture of much of my kitchen stuff lying on the kitchen floor. It did save me the unpacking, I guess.

2 comments:

Psyche said...

Looks like fun in Turkey! How's the weather there? It's freezing here and snowing! D'oh! I like the pix. Keep 'em coming.

Natalie C. said...

Jen, we would like to send you a Christmas card. Can you send me your snail mail address? My email is natalia_sp at yahoo.com.