Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Do Not Alarm


One of the very best things about living here in Turkey is the way the translate various things. Like the directions to this elevator in Doug's building. Because the picture is quite blurry, I will retype the directions for your reading pleasure.
To summon the elevator, press the button indicating the direction you wish to go.
After entering the cabin, it is sufficient to press only once the button of the floor you wish to go to.
If the elevator has taken you to another floor do not alarm, just wait. After the elevator fulfills the command before yours, it will take you to the floor that you wish to go?
If the elevator stops between floors or the doors do not open please press the emergency button with short intervals.
When the overload buzzing sound is heard, please decrease the load inside the cabin until this sound stops.
I think I'll take the stairs.

3 comments:

Natalie C. said...

No way, that is so funny!

Rochelle Oleson said...

I thought it was a blurry picture. Wow that is funny. I didn't know you lived in turkey. WOW! How long have you lived their? (just your long lost cuz found your blog through lynnette's.) I still have to mention I can't belive how much older your girls are. I guess I keep pictureing them 6 years old. funny huh!

Lynette said...

My husband is a linquist and always gets a kick out of stuff like that. Don't you think if it's in a different language they should have someone who speaks that language check it first? Funny stuff.