Wednesday, February 27, 2008

What I Won't Miss

There are lot of great things about living here and I will blog about those things one of these days. Lately I have been homesick and tired of being here so here is a vent blog about what I will not miss when we roll out of here this summer.....
1. Buying milk in half gallon boxes that only get delivered once a week and only last one week.
2. Only driving 25 miles an hour. Since I lack the fortitude of spirit to drive off base, I have personally not driven more than 25 miles an hour since 2006.
3. The way they drive off base, like they have a deathwish.
4. The smell of burning trash.
5. AFN- only 10 channels and AFN commercials that deal with OPSEC ( watch your back-the enemy is watching), depression and suicide, and Ruthie Alcaide talking about alcoholism.
6. The scheduled and unscheduled power and water outages.
7. Mandatory fun, i.e. Awards Banquets, Balls, Promotion Ceremonies, office farewells, etc.
8. The school.
9. Cement walls that require a hammer drill to hang a picture.
10. All the stray and abandoned cats.

OK, I feel better now, I guess.

5 comments:

The Monkeys said...

I can't believe you will be done with Turkey by summer. Do you have any regrets? Do you wish you had visited somewhere or done something that you haven't done? It was so fun to see your update. I can't believe you are teaching seminary- you go girl!

Natalie C. said...

Jen, I didn't realize your time was almost up, either. Where are you headed next? You really have seen a lot of cool stuff. I've loved reading the blog about it.

Psyche said...

Jen, noone can believe you haven't found out where you're going next. When will you find out??!!!
I like yer blog.
Mine tends to ramble incoherently.
I am very jealous of you. At least you know you get to leave in the summer. Me, I'm stuck here. But I guess I'd rather be stuck here indefinitely than stuck in Turkey permanently. It's all about perspective.

kacy faulconer said...

I'm new here--why are you there?

Jen W said...

Kacy,
Welcome to Turkey via my blog. We are stationed here with the Air Force of which my hubby is a member. We've been here almost two years and are headed back to the States in the summer.