Monday, January 8, 2007

39th Mission Support Group Children's Christmas Party


Too make a long story short (I hope) the Group decided to do a combined kid's Christmas party this year. Now there are several different squadrons in a Group. Each squadron spouse (me) was in charge of one particular item to get the party put together. I got to order goody bags online. To make sure the stuff got here in plenty of time, I ordered it back in October. I then, with help from Doug's secretary, put out a flyer to be sent to all the folks in Doug's squadron so we could get a head count. Here is where the trouble started. The flyer went to the boss and the boss sent it to the whole base. So now I have ordered enough stuff for the kids in our Group, not the whole base. The party takes on a life of it's own. We see commercials for it on TV, hear about it on the radio. And all with my name and number as the point of contact. It became life consuming, but it ended up ok. We had plenty of goody bags and everyone had fun. Doug even helped sweep up afterwards.
So for next year, I may avoid doing a flyer. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Natalie C. said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! Good thing you had some training back in the Kingstowne ward of being activities chairman! You were always composed during stress. :) THE WHOLE BASE???? Oh my gosh! That's really funny. By the way, that is a sportin' santa-type hat you have on there. :)