Tuesday, January 30, 2007

LIfe of Pi

Here is a book review for you. My book club read a fabulous book called "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I loved it. It's about a 14 year old boy from India who is a practicing Muslim, Hindu, and Christian. He finds himself lost at sea with....Richard Parker. His experiences make for a great read with lots of deep thinking up for grabs if you want. I have never finished reading a book and wanted to start reading it again right away until I read this book. Our book club decided to eat at a seaside restaurant in honor of Pi and his journey.

This is the restaurant, it doesn't look like much, but we sat out on the water and the food was delicious.
It is in the city of Karates. We were joking that the mountains in the distance were in Syria. They aren't. This was my first visit to the Mediterranean Sea and it was only an hour away. The sea was choppy and beautiful.
So read "Life of Pi" and give me your opinion. Meese, if you are reading this,drop me a line, I remember you reading this book a few years ago. What did you think?

2 comments:

Natalie C. said...

Jen, I have read Life of Pi. I liked it a lot. I was kind of disappointed at the end that the tiger wasn't real. :) Wow that you get to live where there is that kind of scenery an hour away! How fun!

Clinton said...

Hi, Jen.
I read this. I liked the Tiger, but the Pi kid was OK, too. Seriously, it was a great read. I'd find myself starting to think deeply and I'd have to shake myself out of it. Whew. It's a very good tale, and I like how it doesn't answer all the questions. I envy Martel's gift for plot movement.