Tuesday, January 23, 2007

CAUTION: This blog contains guts!

One part of Old Adana is the Meat Market, and, no, it's not full of hot babes. It's full of dead stuff. Only Doug and I and our friend, Wade, dared to make the journey down this street. As soon as these guys saw that I had a camera, they were all about posing for pictures. What I like about this picture is how blue the two young guys eyes are. Also, the look on the older gentleman's face.
This is a picture Wade took of an old man cooking sheep heads with a blowtorch. It wasn't until I got home and put the pictures into the computer that I noticed the charming pile behind him. Look closely only if you dare!
Ever seen so many fine looking guts for sale?
Here are those two friendly, blue-eyed chaps again showing off their good looking sheep heads. As you can see, Wade is at least a head taller than most Turks. It was easy spotting him in a crowd.
All along gut row there are hoses and drainage gutters to take the blood and juices away. To where? I don't really want to know.

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Those sheep heads are probably one of the grossest things I've seen...do they EAT them??? That pile of heads was disgusting too...and the hanging guts...blahhhh!!!! It looks like you guys are pretty adventurous though in Turkey!

Natalie C. said...

Ewwwwwwwwww!!!